We know you love your children and hardwood floors. Kids can be tough on your hardwood floors with the wear and tear from playing, high chairs, and hot wheels eventually get the best of some woods. So naturally why not look for hardwood floors that are best for the children and will grow well with your family.
Over time hardwood floors will get some scratches and dents but here are some tips finding the best hardwood floor option for your family.
- Select hardwood with a stronger grain. Woods like Red Oak, White Oak, and Hickory have stronger grains and are more resistant to scratches and dents than others. Oak tends to be less expensive so that is an added bonus.
- Light hardwood floors shows less scratches. This is because when you scratch wood it exposes the underlying wood. When it is a light wood, the raw wood is light in color as well.
- Use hardwood with high grades of polyurethane. When refinishing your hardwood its better to either use a high grade of oil based polyurethane or a water borne polyurethane.
- Satin vs. matte finishes. The shinier you go on your finish the more scratches, dents, and dirt it will show. So choosing a matte finish will be better in the long run.
- The harder the wood generally the longer it will hold up. Exotic hardwoods such as the Brazilian Walnut or Brazilian Cherry.
- Solid hardwood floors are generally a better option if you have a busy household rather than engineered floors since they can be refinished.
- Distressed flooring can be a great way to hide any damage that may be caused in day-to-day life. These floors can be found in a variety of colors and knots.
Give us a call today, your hardwood flooring expert at (864) 595-3850 to discuss your hardwood flooring options. We have large selection of LVT, tile, carpet and hardwood flooring.